The first of a series of ten memorials erected along the Channel coast. The work represents the stem of a ship coming from the sea and was made by Yves-Marie Froidevaux, chief architect of the National Historic Monuments. Inaugurated in 1950, it is dedicated to ” the heroism of the Allied forces who liberated Europe “.

Opening hours

Opening hours all year


Contact / Find


Go to top