The Terres de Nacre Tourist Office is committed to sustainable tourism on a daily basis.
Although tourism is the territory’s main economic generator, we know that its consequences can sometimes be irreversible. If left unchecked, it can have a destructive impact on the environmental, social and economic ecosystem.
But here, we believe that a more responsible and sustainable tourism is possible. It has become necessary to implement ethical and sustainable actions to allow us to live in a fairer world, in good health and respecting the environment. This is why we have made it our priority.
- Raise awareness of eco-responsible actions by the team on a daily basis
- Develop soft mobility offers
- Promote and encourage local tourism
- Sharing our experiences and tips 100% local and artisanal
Some existing examples:
- We work in close collaboration with the CPIE (Centre Permanent d’Initiatives pour l’Environnement) to inform and educate locals and tourists about respecting the fauna and flora on our coast
- Beach ashtrays are also available in all our Tourist Information Offices in order to limit as much as possible the number of cigarette butts thrown into the environment
- An eco-traveller’s charter has been created and widely distributed
- Two of our tourist information offices have obtained the “Accueil Vélo” label
A project we are currently working on:
- The identification of ethical and responsible actions by all our partners. A booklet should be available by the end of the year
We are inspired daily by the quote:
“There are no small actions when there are thousands of people doing them“