Discover the unmissable and unusual events of the summer.
The list is not exhaustive. Programme subject to change or cancellation without notice.
This year, the tourist office has decided not to print a calendar of events for the two months of summer. Indeed, some events are subject to change until the last moment due to the health situation. In order to provide you with a reliable and up to date programme, we will propose a digital diary which can be consulted here and a paper diary every 15 days available in your tourist offices. Thank you for your understanding.
– Bernières-sur-mer : Wednesday 14 July, 11pm, on the beach,
– Courseulles-sur-mer : Wednesday 14 July, 11pm and Wednesday 14 August, 11pm, from the pier,
– Luc-sur-mer : Wednesday 14 July, 11pm and Saturday 14 August, 10.30pm, from the pier,
– Langrune-sur-mer : Saturday 17 July, 11pm and Sunday 15 August, 11pm, on the beach,
– Saint-Aubin-sur-mer : Friday 16th July, 11pm and Sunday 15th August, 10.30pm, on the beach.
– The night market of Luc-sur-Mer: every Monday during the summer, 12 July-23 August, from 4.30 pm, followed by an open-air projection or a concert, rue de la Mer.
– The night market of Saint-Aubin-sur-mer: every Tuesday in the summer, 6 July-31 August, from 6pm, followed by a concert, in the Parc Pillier.
– The craft and local produce market in Courseulles-sur-mer: Saturday 24 July and Saturday 21 August, 4-11pm, Place du marché.
Other important dates to remember
La pierre à poissons, Saint-Aubin-sur-mer
– 14th edition of the Musique en Cote de Nacre festival, from 14 to 28 July throughout the Côte de Nacre: this classical music festival brings together more than a hundred musicians of different nationalities who offer concerts in majestic places such as churches, with an eclectic programme.
– The mini music festival, 16 and 17 July, Bernières-sur-mer: concerts with small catering, are expected: Electric Griots and Cécilia Raymonde aventure et ses ventouzes.
– Aubin festival, Saint-Aubin-sur-mer, 17 July: 3 DJ sets will play electro music: Dipso, A-Noiiz and Basic.
– Les radeaux de la baleine (nautical race), Luc-sur-mer, Sunday 18 July: This nautical race based on the elfin marine mammal promises a show worthy of the Intervilles programmes, without cows, but with home-made floating boats.
– Spacebus day, discovery of astronomy, Saturday 31 July, Courseulles-sur-mer: many fun activities including the Escape Game Mission Mars, sky observation evening.
– The Texas Dance Country Festival on 7 and 8 August: entertainment, country dancing, concert, food and drink, country stands, Indian camp.
– The Semaine Acadienne festival, Cote de Nacre, from 8 to 15 August: for one week, around fifty family events, concerts, theme days and commemorations are organised to honour the Acadian soldiers who landed on 6 June 1944 on Juno Beach. Renan Luce, Soldat Louis, Mes Souliers sont Rouges, Brin d’Zinc with PaulO, ¼ finalist in the show “The Voice 2021” and many other artists are expected. Information, ticketing and detailed programme.
– The festive day of Saturday 14th August in Luc-sur-mer: summer concert at the Casino, torchlight procession with a percussion band and fireworks.
– Musical evening on Saturday 14 August, Courseulles-sur-mer: with DJ followed by fireworks music.
– The village festival, Langrune-sur-mer on 15 August: mass and procession, country dance demonstration, costumed parade, picnic, concert and fireworks.
– The festival of the sea (fête de la mer), Courseulles-sur-mer, Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 August: blessing and procession of the boats, concert, festive activities.
– Musical Fridays, Bernières-sur-mer, from 9 July : free concerts with snacks in a friendly atmosphere.
Non-exhaustive list, subject to change.
And this autumn?
– The inauguration of the Place du Petit Enfer, Luc-sur-mer, 25 September: speeches, animations and fireworks.
– The European Heritage Days, from 18 to 19 September: on the theme “heritage for all”: guided tours, conferences…
– The Equidays 2021, from 23 to 28 October: a horse festival throughout Calvados. For six days, subject to and in strict compliance with the health measures in force, Calvados will celebrate the horse in all its forms through a hundred or so events, for all audiences, throughout its territory. And in the heart of six towns, the Equidays village will offer numerous free activities, equestrian shows and a large parade.
– The shellfish festival, 20 and 21 November: Courseulles-sur-mer celebrates the star of the plate: the scallop: culinary activities, local market, concerts…